Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just what the doctor ordered

"What in the hell has she done to you?", she asks.  "Well, you see...", I proceed to explain only to be immediately interupted with an obvious and factual tone, "Lookit, we have been closest friends since we were teenagers, you can tell me, you know that."  I begin to reply, "Its kinda hard to explain, but...".  she continues, "You special, wonderful man.  Im here, now.  You're safe and can share with me, without fear."  Im getting the feeling I may not be able to finish a sentence while she is being this emotional.  I dont think there are words to really describe it, anyway.

So, I lift up my shirt to show my closest friend the scar down the middle of my chest.  The look on her face says it all.  But, she asks with horror, anyway, "And... you let her do this?"  "Yup, I sure did.", I reply, sadly.  "She told me she knew what she was doing.".  I continue, "She told me she had been practicing the procedure since she was eight years old... if not her entire life.".

"Is this why I haven't heard from you in awhile?", she whispers while softly putting her hand to the mark on my chest.  With a teardrop rolling down her cheek, she asks, "Does it still hurt?"  I explain, "Yes. It hurts alot, rite now.  In fact, you are the first person to actually touch it and... it still hurts, alot."  She removes her hand, instantly.  But, only to pull me closer and hug me and kiss me.  I can taste her salty tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment