Sunday, October 16, 2011

Memory Lane, aka Commercial Drive

I went for a walk through East Van.  Sunshine beamed down from the blue sky and cut the crisp autumn air.  Trees were changing into their fall colors all around me.  Birds were chirping and visiting and fluttering in and out of the sun and tree-shade above me.  I looked up and saw dancing freckles on the cheeks of the warmest sparkling smile.

Our initials are still clearly etched on a square of sidewalk between The Movie Theater and Dollar Grocer.

I ordered a small americano from JJBean and walked up the hill to our old house.  I made SO much music in that front window.  I listened to the song we made together for the art gallery.  I have it on my ipod.  Sitar and flute.

I stood outside Havana Restaurant and lit a cigarette while watching the comings and goings of the kitchen, the hustle and bustle of the bar.  I crossed the street and finished my cigarette outside Bkiram.

It felt like my life.  Natural.  A continuous reality.  Looking into the past to gain some sense of the future.  I walked along these same streets a few days before and my focus left my imagination cloudy and vague.  However, during this stroll, everything felt so clear.  My imagination busted wide open and I thought I saw blonde pixies peeking up from behind shrubs, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment