Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Assention

I hung in the void like a ragdoll. Suspended between two of my greatest fears, deep water and heights. Equally breath-taking and paralyzing. As I floated there, in the limbo between these two unknowns, both called to me, begging  for my favour in this ultimate moment. This choice is mine. This decision has always been only mine to make. I should've given my verdict long ago.

I choose to fly.

As I emerged from The Deep and crossed the barrier between ocean and air, it felt as though my entire self had been covered in scar tissue and was now, finally, being peeled away to restore all wonderful and accurate sensation once again and forevermore.  Splashes and spray and rainbow mist trailed from behind me. All confusion and doubt fell away, along with final remaining drops of wide open lonely ocean. Water and shame beaded along me like a raindrop being pushed off of a speeding car windshield as I assended.

New heights. Fresh perspectives. Beautiful vistas of forgotten daydreams. I see land!!!!!!! and it looks to be only 12weeks away!!!  All praise and thanks be to Our One True God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment