Friday, February 18, 2011

Like a fish needs a bicycle

I sit along the tree line just beyond the beach that cuts between myself and the ocean. Like a barb-wired boarder. Jagged shards for sand that catch the sun so hot and sharp. However, I have easily taken to flight over this barrier, at my leisure, on occasion.

The water infront of me, sparkles like crystal. Shimmering true blue and sunshine yellow and evergreen. Mesmerizing schools of fish and rainbow-brilliant sea-life swarm and team. Beautiful as they maybe, they are  equally carnivorous alive as they are also, poisonous when eaten.

The forest behind me is thick with lurking behavior. Musky survival hangs in the air like a hand full of wet paint. Humid and dark. Creatures digging and snorting under bushes. Eyes prying down from the treetops.

These creatures and I have become tolerant towards each other's presence, now. However, I have not hunted another only becuz these creatures are poisonous (like the fish) when eaten. Trust me, if those yummy lil things were not poisonous, I would be feasting nightly. I know they would love to devour me, too. But....

These creatures cannot fly. I can. Quite well, now too. Strong and quick. This is the only reason they have stopped their attempts for my capture. They simply hold too much pride within them to attempt and fail, yet again or one last time. It is not becuz their mouths have stopped salivating when my scent catches their breeze.

All of the things I feared when I first set foot onto this land, no longer hold any threat over me. As well, all of the things on this land that feared me, no longer question my place here. A line has been drawn and mutually accepted. They do their things and I do mine. Each a balance for the other as I sit along the tree line just beyond the beach that cuts between myself and the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment